Patrice DUMAS - DOCT wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>It's possible in theory, but as far as I know no one has coded the one
>>part that's needed.  It's trivial to script ssh to login in remotely
>>tunneling X and run a program, so all that's needed is a graphical login
>>which is setuid to root so it can actually change user ids.  Really
>>that's just a graphical frontend to "su" so it could probably be created
>>pretty quickly in glade/designer/ vi :)
>>

>I am not sure this may be done that way in a classical ltsp environment, as
>there is no other user than root in the workstation, and everything is running
>as root. That's even easier, in fact ;-).

I don't see what you mean.  It doesn't matter what who you are on the
terminal, what matters is who you are on the server.  You'd script the
user on the terminal (root) to login to the server as some user and run
the su command to be whatever user you want on the server.

Hm... did you mean put the GUI login on the terminal and run ssh -X in
the background with the info provided?  I guess that would probably be
safer.