Skip,

Let's see if I understand this.

If you just fire up the workstation, it runs for many days with
no problem.

If you try to run snmp to monitor memory usage, the workstation
locks up.  Either after 150 minutes or 300 minutes, depending
on your method of gathering the memory data.

It would be interesting to see how 'locked up' the workstation is.

Can you ping it ?

What happens if you don't run the browser, but just monitor
the memory usage of an idle workstation.

What if you don't even run X Windows, just boot to runlevel 3 and
do the memory monitoring.  Does it lock up then ?

Looks like you've got alot of memory in the workstation, what
if you reduce it to 16mb or 32mb, what kind of effect does
that have on the monitoring ?

Are you running with NFS-Swap ?

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]