*** Hi All,
 I have been using x0rfbserver and it CAN work with remote
(non-local) sessions (with caveats). I run my window manager locally and
if the user wants help he/she must launch x0rfbserver and tell me his/her
password (otherwise they don't get my help!)...Anyways it a simple thing
to copy a .x0rfbserver config file into their home directories and make it
immutable so they don't need to set a password. But I digress...Here's how
you can make x0rfbserver work remotely. I'm using an older LTSP version
2.xx but it should still apply to version 3. To experiment try this:

First set your lts.conf to runlevel 3 (or whichever ltsp 3 uses) so that
it drops you into a shell prompt as root.

ok now launch your X session like this (this is one long line):

/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit /usr/bin/X0rfbserver >& /dev/null -- /ltsbin/XF86_S3
-ac -query <your ltsp server ip>

Substitute /ltsbin/XF86_S3 as appropriate for your Xserver (It's probably
just XFree86 for version 4)

This will launch x0rfbserver and give you a login screen. You'll notice
that x0rfbserver will ask you for the password. Just leave it blank for
now. To get rid of it simply run x0rfbserver as some user. Enter the
password then COPY the .x0rfbserver file from that users home directory to
the ltsp root. For me that would be: /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot

After the user logs in try to connect to the box with

xrfbviewer <ip of client>:0

and it should work. To make the change permenant you'll have to edit the
rc.<whatever> script to have it recreate /tmp/start_ws file as above
(trivial).

CAVEATS:

   The x0rfbserver program can be shutdown by the user. However, if they
do their X session will terminate and send you back to the login
screen. (after changing your runlevel back to 5). I guess they would learn
very quickly not to shut the thing down. I tried some simple stuff in
order to hide it like issuing a -geometry directive and moving the
x0rfbserver box outside the viewing area but apparently it doesn't honor
it. I suppose it wouldn't be to big of a deal to edit the source code and
attempt to hide it (which I may look at when I get a free moment - I'm
sure the very capable programmers on this list can hack something up
quicker than I)

:)