Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:06:53 +0800
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Stephen Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] (OT) Wireless Broadband Router
/ Switch
selection

Hi All Guys,

If my posting is OT please accept my apology.

I have no previous experience on Wireless LAN and only
a limited
experience
on LAN

I am going to explore a small scale lab test on
Wireless LAN and expect
have a collective advice/suggestion on selecting a
suitable Wireless
Broadband Router / Switch.  My requirements are as a
follows;

1   Terminal Server with 2 NICs, one for broadband at
10 MB and another
for
client
2.  Clients - 4 workstations 110/100 MB at a distance
of about 12-18
feets
(4-6 meters), walking distance and some behind
concrete wall

Expected spec of the Wireless Broadband Router /
Switch

-  4 10/100 switched ports
-  1-10 mbit uplink/cable modem/DSL connection
-  1 parallel print server port, LPD compatible
-   NAT firewall (configurable)
-   DHCP Server (Configurable, including OFF),
Extensive
configurability
options on I/O port, accessibility, etc, packet
filtering, virtual
server,
DMZ host addressing, remote administration configs,
wake on lan, clone
mac
address (to "trick" cable modems into thinking there
is only one IP
connected, when the back side of the router has
multiple clients
attached)
-   Bandwidth management

Apart from the standard accessories included in the
device (Wireless
Broadband Router / Switch) what other accessories are
needed for the
workstations ???

 From Internet search I found following ;

Eusso  GL2411-AR

11Mbps Multifunctional Wireless Broadband SOHO Router

http://www.eusso.com/product1/product.htm

Kindly advice whether it caters my need.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com