>Alessandro Selli wrote:
>>   If I remember correctly, LTSP packages cannot make it into the official
>> Debian distribution because they do not respect the Debian Policy guidelines.
>> As an example, the main configuration file is located in
>> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf, while the Debian Policy wants config files to
>> reside in /etc .
>>
>>   Sandro
>>

>So, link (ln -s) them together so that they are one in the same.

This is already done like this:

ln -s /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf /etc/

But this is not enough, because the original file is still in /opt/, and it needs to
stay there, because otherwise the clients would not see it. Symlinking the other way
round (this would be allowed) does not work.

But there are other reasons (I think my original reply did not go to the list, so I
repeat them):
1. The package maintainer needs to be a member of the Debian team. Solution: Find
somebody from Debian to take over the packages or me becoming a member.
2. The packaging process does not allow to build everything from source automatically
right now. Solution: Redesign the packaging process, but this is not easy and some
amount of work.

Conclusion: while I would like to see LTSP as part of Debian, it is not ready yet, and
I don't see good solutions to all problems.

Georg