First thing to look at is to make sure that the workstation knows
its own hostname, and that matches what you have in the lts.conf file.

Set RUNLEVEL = 3 and boot the workstation, and then you should get
a shell prompt.  At that point, run the hostname command and see
what the hostname is.  That must match what you have in the
lts.conf file.

Then, make sure you are specifying the resolutions correctly
in lts.conf.

Also, 2.09 was a pre-release.  actually, a series of pre-releases.

You didn't mention whether you were using 2.09pre1 or pre4, or whatever.

Starting with the 2.09pre2, it was very much like 3.0.

Take a look in the lts.conf.readme file for the correct syntax for the
X_MODE_0 parameter.

If you still can't get it to work, send us a copy of your lts.conf file.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]