I have been trying to get the sound to work for some months on some schools
in Denmark that is using LTSP.
I have heard that it is more difficult to get it to work in KDE. I have now
changed to gdm and Gnome to try the luck

I have installed the ltsp_sound package on the server. I have set PnP=No in
the bios.
I start the server and logon and the sound is working

I write "export AUDIOSERVER="ws001:0"

I configure the client that is using an old ISA ESS688F sound card

I have written the following in lts.conf

"ws001"

SOUND              = Y
VOLUME             = 75
SOUND_DEAMON       = nasd
SMODULE_01         = sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1

When the workstation boots it finds the soundcard it starts the soundserver
and says
- listening on port 16001

I logon with no error messages but i can not hear any sound

When i write on the server and the workstation:
"/usr/local/ltsp_sound/nasbins/auinfo" it says "Unable to connect to audio
server"

The first time i ever installed a terminal server I got it to work with some
help from the ltsp team. It was build on RH7.1 and i used KDE (some say it
does not work on KDE but it did). Since that i have made 5 servers using
RH7.2 and RH7.3 and never got it to work again.

I would be very happy for any help i can get

Morten