Quoting John Holbrook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Okay,
>
> I've got my LTSP box all set up with Redhat 7.2. Everything works
> fine under KDE.
>
> However I want to run icewm to save resources. I've installed
> icewm from source without any problems.
>
> Can anybody give me pointers, docs, etc on setting up icewm to
> run automatically? configuration, etc? How to customize it?

I use icewm with kdm.  to set it up as the default, you should edit the
/etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc
file and add
icewm to the
SessionTypes
line.  My SessionTypes line looks like this
SessionTypes=icemw,default

Then you need to edit Xsessions.  I have included the relevant part to make icewm the
default.

# now, we see if xdm/gdm/kdm has asked for a specific environment
case $# in
1)
    if [ -x /usr/share/apps/switchdesk/Xclients.$1 ]; then
       exec -l $SHELL -c "/usr/share/apps/switchdesk/Xclients.$1";
    fi;
    case $1 in
    failsafe)
       exec -l $SHELL -c "xterm -geometry 80x24-0-0"
       ;;
    gnome)
       exec -l $SHELL -c "gnome-session"
       ;;
    icewm)
        xsess=$HOME/.xsession-icewm
        if [ -f $xsess ]; then
            exec $HOME/.xsession-icewm
        else
            exec icewm
        fi
       ;;
    kde|kde1|kde2)
       exec -l $SHELL -c "/usr/share/apps/switchdesk/Xclients.kde"
       ;;
    twm)
        # fall back to twm
       exec -l $SHELL -c "/usr/share/apps/switchdesk/Xclients.twm"
       ;;
    esac
esac
# otherwise, take default action
if [ -x "$HOME/.xsession" ]; then
    exec -l $SHELL -c "$HOME/.xsession"
elif [ -x "$HOME/.Xclients" ]; then
    exec -l $SHELL -c "$HOME/.Xclients"
elif [ -x /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients ]; then
#    exec -l $SHELL -c "/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients"
    exec icewm
else
    # should never get here; failsafe fallback
    exec -l $SHELL -c "xsm"
fi

as for setting it up, I strongly recommend you install the ice menu editor (iceme) and
icepref.  They allow you a graphical way to edit your menus and window manager
options.  The default icewm settings are in
/usr/local/lib/X11/icewm/

HTH,
Derek

> Thanks in advance.