Hi

ltsp-3.0, rh 7.[03]
runlevel = 3, start_ws manually
XF86CONFIG_FILE = XF86Config.iPOS

I've configured a Wincor Nixdorf i8 as an ltsp client and it works
perfectly, so doing a iPOS shold be easy ???

If I (BIOS) setup touch on COM2 I can see ...sqiddly-spot...
when I cat /dev/ttyS1 and touch the screen, but the touch controller is
not found.

Their support say you must (BIOS) setup for COM5, on this machine for
the touch.

So ...

I grabbed the initrd_kit and built a kernel with (2.4.18)
[extended dumb serial]
[more than 4 ports]

* On boot COM5 is not found and a device is not created. [why]

I then made a device node

mknod /dev/ttyS4 c 64 68

which worked. [why - I thought ro file system! must be devfs magic]

I used setserial to configure uart, io and irq. stty -a < /dev/ttyS4
shows 'normal' stuff, 9600 etc etc.
Cat /dev/ttyS4 shows an occasional blot-char but not much activity.
The controller is still not found.

microtouch: Option "DebugLevel"  "4"
microtouch: Option "SwapXY"

So anyone who has used extended ports with ltsp-clients - howto
and anyone who uderstands what is happening             - please explain

Thanks
James