Hi,

I've just started looking at LTSP.. I'm excited about the concept, and I know that if
I can get a few working demos going (especially using some really grungy old PCs) I
will get management excited too.

However, I'm having awful trouble getting X to play nicely with the graphics card on
this particular machine.  The error is 'AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0', and
looking through XFree86.0.log, I see the following line:

(EE) Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)

I tried creating this with mknod /dev/agpgart c 10 175 (just as on my SuSE box) and
re-running /tmp/start_ws, but I get the same error message.

I can provide log files if anyone wants them, but does anyone have any iceas what the
problem might be (apart from the fact that the card is really awful)?

Cheers,
Richard

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8