Hi Luciano,

have a look on autofs, the linux automounter. For example I have mounted my
/home with the following line in auto.master
/home /etc/auto.home --timeout 60

and in /etc/auto.home

* -fstype=nfs,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid intraserv:/home/&

which does nothing else then mounting dirs _under_ /home e.g. christian as they
are accessed. If you like to mount something everytime change line to e.G.

/mnt /etc/auto.mnt --timeout=60 # Entry in auto.master to use /mnt as target

/etc/auto.mnt:

/usr/local -fstype=nfs,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid intraserv:/usr/local

I hope that helps you a bit. You should also be able to use the automounter on
boottime.

Figure it out. ;-)

Christian.
--
Systemhaus Kalkhoff - Whatever you want, you get IT
Postfach 1444