Mind you, I haven't even tried using enbd yet, but I was wondering if anyone
has anything to say on how enbd works with usb floppy drives.

My theory is that it _should_ work (provided usb floppy drives are exported
by the kernel as transparently as ide floppy drives [1]), but before I go
wasting my time chasing my tail I'd like to know if it actually _does_ work.
For one thing, I don't even have a usb floppy drive yet with which to test
this. (But again, it's not like I _need_ $40 dollars....)

Oh, and any other thoughts on enbd would be welcome, as well. The
documentation on nbd and enbd is fantastically sparse. (I will attempt to
rectify that if things go well.)

Also, is there any alternative to making a new device node for every user
that needs floppy access? This seems kinda kludgy to me, but it could be
that I just don't really understand what's going on in the nbd process [2].
And binding users to terminals is crazy, although that is clearly a kludge
and not a necessity of nbd [3]. Besides, what if you have more than 256
users who need floppy access? Then what?

--endnotes--
[1] i.e., transparent in a
'I'll-copy-your-file-just-don't-start-using-dd-or-cat-ok?' kinda way.
[2] I don't. Because there's no documentation?
[3] i.e. I could probably write a script to take care of it.
--
Francis Avila