> I miss some way to run Xconfigurator on the workstation and try/guess the right
> options. With the Xserver=auto I got a incompatible configuration that lets my
> workstation looping in an atempt to start X and the only way to stop it is on
> the power bottom. I couldn't switch back to with CTR-ALT-F2 to force init 3
> again and so try some chainges in the /tmp/XF86config. I also miss an editor at
> runlevel 3, how could I run vi at the workstation ?

It's no good changing the XF86Config on the workstation since it'll be lost at
the next reboot. You can check the XFree86.org site and their list of graphics
cards. You might have to get the XFree3 LTSP package. In that case, in your
lts.conf, you  use XSERVER=XF86_SVGA for that wkstn. If it still doesn't work,
you can scrounge around the net for an XFConfig file for that card and use the
XF86CONFIG line to specify that file for that wkstn in lts.conf.