hi

invitation for suggestions and advice:

I have a real-server and one of the LTSP clients has a hard disk. This
mirrors the real-server disk. Idea is if the real-server dies then the
client will be booted as the client-server and everything will continue.

Now the client will have a custom XF86Config file based on its
microtouch setup.

I would like the client-server to run an X session as a ltsp
client with its XF86Config selected by MAC from lts.conf.
(This means that the real-server should also run X as an ltsp client
but based on it's MAC) (The disk is mirrored)

So it looks like the server (either as real-server or as client-server)
should build a start_ws script based on MAC and run X from the script
not from XDM (Xservers :0 commented out).

Constraints:
The client must run a ltsp session, even if the real-server has died and
the client is being the server. ie I tried, but I cannot get 2 servers
with the standby mirroring the active.

Anybody ..
Thanks
James