Finaly I got a gray screen whith a X mouse cursor, but no login.
At Alt-F1 on the workstation I got the error:
XDM: too many retrasmitions

The server runs X and uses KDM so I tryed ps -fax|grep dm

 2314 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/kdm -nodaemon
 2318 ?        R      4:00  \_ /usr/X11R6/bin/X -auth /var/lib/kdm/authfiles/A:0

Is this correct ?
Should the workstation give the XDM error, or should it be trying KDM and so I
have somthing miss configured geting the station to try the wrong ?DM server ?

Thanks,

Alex