Thanks Jim, for pointing out option 128 (and the URL). I overlooked that one.

Jopoy, just in case you haven't done so you must add the vendor tag 128 to your
/etc/dhcpd.conf for all the
vendor tags to work (note: these series of hex strings are required, copy them as is):

option option-128       e4:45:74:68:00:00;

Tip: you can add the line above in the group { } section of your /etc/dhcpd.conf file
so you wont need to
replicate it on all your workstation definitions.

phil

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> quoted last 8/26/02 9:28:50 PM as follows:

>That is part of the solution, you also need option-128, otherwise
>Etherboot will ignore all of the other options.
>
>Take a look at http://www.LTSP.org/instructions-3.0.html, there
>is some info in that document that explains it.
>
>Jim McQuillan
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Philip A. Roa wrote:
>
>> Hi Jopoy,
>>
>> Actually it's option 129 (kernel params).  Since you have an ISA card it cannot be
>autodetected by the
kernel
>> (newer PCI cards are already autodetected) . You have to explicitly specify it in
>the kernel parameters
>> (facilitated by etherboot through option-129, see vendortags in etherboot for more
>details to know these
tags