Hello,
I am having a strange problem with my LTSP install.  I am putting
together a setup for a client, it consists of 6 sv24 diskless PCs and a
dual athlon based server system.

Here is where I am at:
I am using the latest core,kernel,x,and x fonts packages from the ltsp
site.

I can boot a diskless workstaion when set at runlevel 3
When the diskless station goes into X it completely hangs - black
screen, no error messages, no grey screen with cursor, nothing.

I determined that it is a hang by the fact that I can ping the machine
and get a response up until the Xserver starts to take over.

The hardware I am using is the shuttle sv24 mini-PC system (uses fv24
MB) the integrated video is an s3 chip.  I know there are some problems
with XF86 4 and the s3 chips; however I confirmed that the machine could
in fact run X by installing a temporary hard drive, and loading RH 7.3.
RH installed fine and booted into X just fine.

I then tried using the XFConfig-4 file from the RH install, by modifying
my lts.conf file.  On the next boot of the diskless workstation, I
verified that the lts was infact using the XC0nfig file I specified
rather than genrating one.  ( 'cat /tmp/XF86Config' confirmed the
diskless station had the correct file).

I also systematically tried playing with a few options in the lts,conf
file, as well as customizing the rc.startx script. I had no luck at
either, and went back to vanilla versions of each.

I then attempted to start X by using the start_ws command.  The system
locked up in the same way.  So as far as I can tell there is a problem
with the X server that is trying to be executed on the diskless
workstation.

I was able to access XDM on the server using two existing non LTSP
computers. SO I am now fresh out of ideas.  I am confident that this can
be made to work (since I have gotten each major oeice (XF86 and the
Lanboot) to work fine albeit independent of one another.

Thanks for any insights, suggestions or help anyone can offer.

-Brandon