On Wednesday 28 August 2002 17:04, jay wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 09:53, Zoilo wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 August 2002 20:23, Zoilo wrote:
> > > Is there a "gracefull" way to configure automatic logout after, say, 5
> > > minutes of inactivity?
> > >
> > > I suppose I can write my own script to kill the window manager (icewm
> > > in my case) after some time, but who has another (more elegant) way?
> > >
> > > Z.
> >
> > Nobody any ideas???
> >
> > I am looking for something like TMOUT in bash.
> >
> > Z.
>
> I am also looking for a way to auto logout users that are idle for a
> period of time.  I've played with utmp and wtmp but can only get
> satisfactory results if there is a shell running.
> Jason

Since no one seems to be able to help us any further, let's try with a
different question:

=> how (if at all) can I find out if the screensaver is running (i.e.
visible) on an X-terminal?

If I can find this out, then I will have the screensaver detect inactivity,
and then I will peek at the screensaver every once in a while, so I can
terminate the session.

!!!!!!!! I am a such a helpless and hopeless screen-saver newbie; please help
me, I am totally stuck, ready to give up yesterday!!!!!!!

[ ...desparate cry for help: seems to work very well in this newsgroup.... ]

Z.