Hello all,

I test my ltsp terminal in a p166  48M old merchine. and I found it running
perfect. then I decide to make it in production environment.
But I encounter trouble on those really old merchines.
which is:
cpu: 486Dx66 - 100,
memory: 8M -12M
video card: s3 with 1024kMemory.
netcard: ne2000 ISA.

on 8M merchine, whenever I try to boot to X window. X crach and return to
XDM login dialog.
on 12M merchine, it's better than 8M merchine.

My question is: what is the  mini memory does a ltsp X terminal needs?
And why the program is slower than run directly in the server? Isn't it actually run
in server where I run in X terminal?

I test it in server: P233, 128M memory notebook, s3 4Mvideo ram,4G HD;
terminal: 486Dx100 ,8M memory, s3 1M videoram.

regards
Simon Chen