Gallun,

Normally, when people get the error about 'unable to open
initial console', it is because they aren't using a standard
LTSP kernel with devfs turned on.

I see you are using PXE to boot the workstation, so my question
is, which kernel are you using ?

There is a pxestuff.tgz package that contains a kernel, an initrd
image and some instructions for setup.  Have you followed that ?

And, why are you mounting /opt/ltsp/i386.1 ?  Normally, it is
/opt/ltsp/i386.  Are you doing something special ?

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]