Bernhard,

Once the kernel panics, try hitting Shift-PageUp, and scroll
back through the kernel messages as far as you can.
You should be able to get all the way back to the etherboot
messages.

>From there, start looking at what the kernel is doing.  You should
see where it detects the initrd, and tries to load it into memory.

Are you getting an error at that point ?

Also, while you are at the beginning of the kernel messages,
verify which version of the kernel is actually loading.

You should be seeing vmlinuz-2.4.19-ltsp-1, that's the latest
standard LTSP kernel.

I have seen behavior like this from the vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-6 kernel,
that was part of the ltsp_kernel-3.0.3 pkg.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]