On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 0:55:45 -0400
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Santa Barbara City College has 35 HP Entria-2 thin clients which currently run X
>from Alpha/VMS servers. The network is due for an overhaul and I have a few
>questions. If you know the answers to any of these, please respond, even if
>that/those question(s) have already been answered, two+ heads are better than one, as
>it were. :)

You can get those HP Entria's to log into your LTSP server. However, this is not
completely LTSP because the Entria's run their own kernel (built in...rom?) and
x-server (via tftp). At only 12 megs of ram they do work well (running a limited
number of apps), however I can only get 8bit color depth (I'm not sure just now which
entria model I have) so they aren't perfect.

I found this site to be very helpful.
http://www.ductape.net/~brianm/xterm/

Sorry I did not answer any of your actual questions, but I just wanted to point out
this alternative.

Cheers,
-rob