I would argue that you should use a switch (not a hub) when using ltsp.  A switch will definitely minimize network collision.  Whenever you are running multiple diskless clients it's important that you reduce as much network bottleneck as possible to maximize performance.   Using 100/Mb switches instead of hubs is one way of reducing network bottlenecks.   An additional option is to invest in link aggregation (nic pooling) solution on the ltsp server.

 Remi BERNHARD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > On 17 Oct 2002 17:21:13 +0000, Joyce LAMBERT wrote
> > > When ltsp is used, i can notice lots colision when using ltsp. More tere
> > > are worstation working and more colision i have.
> > >
> > > So with 4 worstation, the network become realy slowly and can't be used.

Hi,

I have exactly the same prob on my old 5 ports Hub... ! I really have a lot
of collisions with only the Ltsp server and 1 (yes one ...) client ...!
I suppose it comes from the TFTP protocol that uses UDP, wich is faster but
a less reliable protocole, because U stands for Unconnected.

Regards,
Remi.