I have never used SUSE so I am at a bit of a disadvantage.
The LTS client is set up to emulate a HP Jetdirect, ie when you have the printer connected to the client and want to print from the server. You have set your server to look for a printer on a Unix box. ie with a print spooler etc.

Can you set up the SUSE server to connect a JetDirect on port 9100.
Have a look in the doco on ltsp.org. It explains this stuff pretty well.

Darryl

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
I use SuSE 8.0 on the server and got the hint to setup the printer on the Thin Client via Yast:

Ronald,
on 8.0 and before select "Prefilter queue" in Yast2. Queue name is lp.
Select you model, and that's it.
have fun

I did it and after telling the name of the thin client (ron-TC) I put in the name of the remote printer queue, which I believe is lp0.
The next step is to make a test to reach the printer, but the test shows:

There was a problem.

You specified a wrong queue name on the printer server, or the printer server does not accept print jobs or the queue on the print server does not accept print jobs.