Antwort auf E-Mail von rob apodaca vom Freitag, 13. Dezember 2002 16:02

Hi,

> I believe that on your redhat system, tftp is controlled by
> xinetd...not initd.

You misunderstood something: I have a SuSE 8.1 machine running, and there's no
xinetd in /etc...
So the hint in the manual doen't concern my system.

> If you installed tftp-server from redhat rpm, it
> should have installed 'tftp' in /etc/xinetd.d.

It was installed by YaST here.

> The LTSP kernels are located in /tftpboot/lts. You are correct to
> strip /tftpboot in your dhcpd.conf file.

Oh, that's the first mistake: my kernel-name in dhcp.conf was 2.4.9-ltsp-6. On
my server the kernel's name is 2.4.19-ltsp-1, but this didn't solve the
problem.

> You mention changing your filename in dhcpd.conf. Remember, any
> changes to that file require dhcpd to be restarted before the changes
> will take effect.$ /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd restart

I made that every time... ;-(

> Check that tftp is on.
> $ chkconfig --list tftp

linux:/home/gregor # chkconfig --list tftp
tftp                      0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off
6:off
linux:/home/gregor #

Bad sign, isn't it? :-(
So why isn't it launched? It IS in inetd.conf, so should be started
automatically...

> Check your cableing.
>
> Check your cableing again.

:-) Is OK, when DHCP answers!?