Janette Welsh wrote:

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the i-opener seems the answer to my prayers. I need about 20+ of these for my lab (one to play with for starters). Checking on the web leads me to think the iopener is no longer out there. One article said it's price rose to $400US. Can anyone clarify this for me, does anyone know of another device like this that will do the job cost effectively?

Cheers
Chris Welsh (sysadmin)
Have you taken a look at the Jammin 125 from www.disklessworkstations.com?
It's well supported and looks very professional. I've been evaluating them
for a local school for over a month and have never had a problem which
was the fault of the terminal, and I've stressed the hell out if it.
The video support may not be sufficient, but if 1024x768 @ 16-bit color,
or 1280x1024 @ 8-bit color works for you, these are a good buy at $313-$329
depending on quantity. The tech support is also very good, having helped me
through a terminal problem that wasn't even the fault of the terminal itself.

Ironically, these terminals are about 2-3 times as powerful as one of our servers, and Vax 4000-100. Maybe the Vax should log into the terminal. ;-)