I'm a big believer in LTSP; when I installed 2.x it was fast, simple and light.
But I've made two, seperate, multi-week install attempts on 3.x and have yet to see an
X login screen.  And trying to debug it, even after knowing how to do it before, was
darned near impossible.

    This is not to say that there hasn't been a great deal of work, and improvements
to the core code...but because it supports so many platforms and variations, it's just
gotten so complicated that it's no longer easy or fun anymore.

    My suggestion:

    Let's take LTSP 2.x, simplify and improve upon it, but just for the
Redhat/Mandrake installations.  Let's make two kinds of configurations by default,
Jammin-125 and 'custom' and give the admin some basic starting points.

    Wether anyone else wants to do it, I have to.  I plan to install a bunch in this
area, and it'll be easier to maintain a partial-distro than to convert from what LTSP
has become, to what I need in 99%+ of the situations, ya know?

    Your thoughts?