Hello list,
  I just *had* to share this with you all. Please feel free to share it with anyone
who asks if LTSP outperforms windows.

  I am just winding up a LTSP installation in the Highland Park, New Jersey Public
Library. The installation was part of a larger, physical renovation of the library.

  On her way home today, the Director commented on how smoothly the transition to
Linux had gone. She said that she originally had thought that she was going to give up
some features or performance by going with LTSP, but had felt that the cost savings
was worth it. She now feels that not only did she realize cost savings by reusing the
old Pentium-class workstations, the system is now much more stable and has more
features then the Windows platform it replaced.

  Her final comment before leaving for the night - as she looked at the boarded-up
hole in the server room where a yet to be delivered custom window will someday go -
was that the Linux installation was faster, and easier, then her windows were.

  Proof positive that LTSP is faster and easier then windows.

  True story!

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com