Hi

I do not restart GDM, when a user logout or in the case of internet cafe,
they are logged out. The GDM for that session dies and another is created
when the X server reconnects to the XDCMP server (GDM)

My understanding of the X protocol is that a session key is created each
time a X server starts, this is used to identify the each remote/local
session.

Because XDCMP used udp, there is no actual connection between the X server
and the X client. The Session key is used to identify each connection.

Question who creates the session key ? The client ? if the client was to
create the key it would be possible for two keys to be the same.

Cheers

--
Mike O'Connor
Service to Youth Council Inc