Hi everybody,
I've been in Colombia for a week trying to install an LTSP lab at a
rural school, run by a foundation that I volunteer for.    The server is
a Pentium 4 with two large drives and 512MB RAM.  I brought  six of
those Jammin 125 terminals from disklessworkstations.com to form the
basis of the lab.  So far, I've had a lot of problems.  First, the third
of the K12LTSP 3.0 CD's I had didn't work:  even though it passed the
media check and has all the correct files, the installer program rejects
it, saying that it's the wrong CD.  So I couldn't complete the
installation.  So I managed to scrounge up a RH 8.0 CD set and
downloaded the LTSP RPM's to go with it.  I have that installed, and
finally figured out how to run the LTSP initialization script, but now I
can't figure out how to get the terminals to boot from the server.  I've
tried to follow the instructions in the documentation for setting up
/etc/dhcpd.conf (but I'm not sure I have that right).  Also, I can't
find documentation specifying if there's anything else special I have to
do to get the Jammin 125 terminals to work.  Finally, I've read on this
list that some people have been having trouble getting LTSP to work on
RH 8.  I'd appreciate it a lot if someone who has been using the Jammin
125 terminal would send me a copy of the dhcpd.conf file and anything
else special needed to get them to work, and if anyone would advise me
on anything special needed to get LTSP to work in RH 8.  I'm only going
to be here for two more days, so if I can't get it to work, it'll have
to wait until the next time I can make it here, which won't be until
July!

Best regards,
Jeff Nelson