On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 18:14, Werner Winter wrote:
> Hello,
> we set up a test terminal server and it worked well. So we want to buy a new server
>hardware (about
> 15 KDE-terminals). Is the following ok?
>
> Pentium4 2,4GHz (or is a dual pentium better?)
> 2GB RAM
> SCSI-HD 36GB
In my experience it is the processor that is the bottleneck. I
frequently have classes of 30+ logging on at the same time and opening
the same applications. I am using two application servers with single
processors but otherwise like your suggestion and they get overloaded.
The number of processors is important as long as their speed is
adequate. Openoffice and mozilla really kill things so i try to use
equvalents for these big sessions. As soon as i get some more money i am
going the multiple processor route.
regards
garry