Robert,

I went through your how to for the Nvidia driver and when I got to step 9 I hit a wall. There is no System.map in my "linux-2.4.19" source directory. I'm running RedHat 8.0 using LTSP and of course it is working. Now on step 6 when I do "make menuconfig" I just exited and saved the config without touching anything. I assumed that the .config I copied into the source would select everything I needed. Although I couldn't do step 9 I did step 10 and 11. When I boot the workstation it says

modprobe: error can't find nvidia.

I'm guessing once step 9 is done it should find it and work.