Sorry for being stupid but if you want a more graphical effect.... you could
put grub (or lilo) on the harddisk and tell grub how to boot a etherboot
disk. As the machine is not disk less anyway if you can't program the boot
prom it save the need for a floppy. (might get removed by a user who got
rought up that machines should not normally be booted from floppy.
        I believe you should be able to install grub or lilo like this from knoppix
or some other CD based distribution of linux ie no linux intallation needed
to set it up.
        Not tried it my self but the logic should work. I guess you can just dd
etherboot to a partition and it will work?

        Just a guess

Peter Childs