On Wednesday 29 January 2003 16:23, Jake Schroeder wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 04:04:30PM +0100, Tom Schouteden wrote:
> > hi, does anyone here have a modeline example for TFT screens? on the
> > clients my screen looks like it has vertical "blurry fields". there
> > appear to be some (imaginary) vertical columns below which the fonts
> > look more blurred/aliased than those next to them.  i think this may be
> > caused by a wrong modeline.  any other suggestions are also welcome.
> >
> > (btw: my previous font spacing issue was solved as soon as i enabled
> > xfs)

> The best solution is to find your monitor's preferred sync rates at
> their website, and then make sure you use these in your XFree86 config.
> I went to www.hyundaiq.com and found my monitor's official sync rates (H
> 31-60, V 44-75), and promptly wrote them on the bottom of the base with
> a Sharpie marker. :-)  If your sync rates are slightly above/below what
> your monitor is expecting, it won't be able to auto-adjust to them, and
> you'll get the weird fuzziness/stripes that you are seeing.

I don't know how to calculate Modelines, so I had to google for LCD-Modelines.
I found the following (now in lts.conf):
X_MODE_0           = 1024x768 75.00 1024 1048 1184 1328 768 771 777 806

I know, 75 Hz is not the best for LCD, but the best I could get :)
So, where and how should I adjust the sync rates for this Philips Brilliance
150P? How did you adjusted them?

TIA,
Alfred