Howdy

Please help me out...

I have a room of 16 PC's which were working perfectly on Mandrake 8.2 and the
LTSP of that time, I do not have the version with me.

The NICs in all the Terminals are new PCI Intel eepro100.

6 of the terminals, give the following error:

----

Running /linuxrc
Mounting /proc
Open of /proc/bus/pci/devices failed : No such file or directory

ERROR! Could not automatically detect the network care. PCI cards should be
detected automatically. ISA cards cannot be detected, so they require the
nic driver to be specified in a "NIC=" parameter to be passed on the kernel
command line, usually specified in option-129, in the /etc/dhcpd.conf file.
See LTSP docs for more info.

Kernel panic : Attempted to kill init!

----

They were working fine on kernel 2.4.9-ltsp-6, but now with 2.4.19-ltsp-19,
these machines give the above error. They have the following in common:

- Cyrix 6x86 MX 200+ Processors
- ??? Motherboards Similar to PC Chips M559 I think - Chipsets say MMXPRO on
them
- Motherboard ID is: 51-0830-001437-00111111-071595-UT801x-001_10_UTRON-F
- I have tried a flash update to a 1999 M559 - Made no change

I have cancelled out the processor, by trying an Intel in one of the boards
with no success.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Warwick Chapman
Managing Member
The eSpot Technology Company
Cell: +27 83 7797094
Fax: +27 31 2055838

-- There are 10 types of people in this world. Those
who understand binary, and those who don't.