lørdag 15. februar 2003 20:50, skrev Julius Szelagiewicz:
> Hallvard,
>       upgrade dhcp to the newest version (3.x?). julius

I've done that now, and my VIA EDEN 5000 (mini-itx) based thinclient is now
booting without any problems using the via-rhine PXE etherboot image.

But I'm having problems whith a brand new Fujitsu Siemens computer having a
integrated 82562et intel 100 networkcard (according to lspci from a RH resque
boot).

I get as far as to the "Running dhclient" message, and then everything stops.
(No errormessages that I can see before that).

I am using the NIC=eepro100 kernel option like it someone mentioned earlier
on the list, and there is a display of tests that are done when the module is
loaded (checksums and other), everything looks OK until Runnin dhclient.

Any ideas?

(My feeling is there is a problem whith the kernel (2.4.19-ltsp-1 from the
ltsp 3.0.5 rpm) or that that some extra kernel option is needed in order to
get around some bug on the networkcard?)

--
Hallvard P