... and as an extension to the below question...

What is a Zombie process?  Is it a process that is stuck waiting for
something from the kernel?  How can someone kill the process and get a
report of what it was waiting for?

I have seen Zombie processes in "top" before, and I haven't investigated
them since they haven't been reproducible.  But here's our chance!

Thanks,
- Jake