Hi

First: this is not absolutly true, but beleive it for all practical
purposes (Dynamic dns is how its done BTW)

> How do I add workstations to the hosts file, when the stations have no names.
> I am using the PXELINUX boot method, and therefore the "Setting hostname" line
> during the workstation bootup doesn't have any name?

Every WS must have a name
The name must be in /etc/hosts
The name should be in lts.conf
The name / ip must be in dhcpd.conf

There are a number of PXE methods. You need to choose and use one that works.
As a hint: do not use a range statement in your dhcpd.conf
           do use either Jims pxestuff
           or use etherboot as per the pxe-howto
James