Peter Billson and Don Pettengill

Peter, I assume you are talking about the frequency.  Have Goggled for "IBM
G51" little luck.  Everyone wants to talk about the G51 recall.  Besides,
the G51 is a test and setup monitor only.  The workstation will live with a
much newer monitor.  Therefore, it seems this needs to be performed with the
real monitor.

Don, a single (1) <crtl><alt>+ worked.  Please help me understand why this
worked and how to properly setup based on the fact that a single
<crtl><alt>+ worked.

Thanks, George

Peter Billson wrote:

George,
  Are you possibly driving the monitor past its signal range?

  Perhaps try starting in runlevel 3 then starting X manually then kill X
(CTRL+ALT+BKSP) see what it says...

Pete

--__--__--

Don Pettengill wrote:

Maybe there are multiple resolutions defined - if so <crtl><alt>- or +
might bring up a better combination.

--__--__--

George Gambill wrote:

> Setting up another LTSP workstation.  This one is an IBM Netfinity 3500.
> When it boots, it receives the correct IP from DHCP and scrolls through
> several screens worth very quickly.  Then the screen clears in
anticipation
> of the login screen but just sits there blank (gray, no X)
>
> Background:
> Disabled the onboard NIC and added a Linksys LNE100TX (the same as all the
> others).
> Disabled the SCSI drive.
> Installed a IDE drive with RH8.0 for thick stuff.
> It boots from the floppy first.
> I am using the same (tested) floppy from another LTSP client.
> Used the same NIC (MAC address) from another successful ws.
>
> Any ideas where to start looking.
>
> Thanks, George

Message: 8