>From Kamran on Thursday, 2003-06-05 at 18:15:54 +0600:
> Hello,
> sorry for replying late
>
> I am attaching a file as per you requested, containing my dhcpd.conf,
> lts.conf and related XF* files
>
> I have the color problem using vesa drivers on some computers. I don't
> have the degause option on my monitors as they are quite old. Also I have
> tried to copy 100dpi fonts from my ltsp server's fonts folder to the fonts
> directory deep inside /opt/ltsp directory BUT this doesn't solve the
> defragmented fonts problem. Any more ideas ? Plus as I mentioned I seem to
> have old monitors and it is veryyyyy irritating to configure them. How do
> I learn the secret art of modelines ?

I don't know if this will work, but it might be worth a try.
Knoppix (http://www.knoppix.org/) is a bootable CD with
excellent auto-configuration.  Boot up the computer with
the CD installed, and have a look at the automatically
generated configuration files!

If this does not work, your best bet might be to read some of
the old XFree86 Howtos.  The typical advice there was to start
with conservative values of the parameters, and then adjust.
If your monitors are not multisync monitors, you have to be
extra careful, because in that case, they really _are_ old,
and more vulnerable to misconfiguration.

Conrad