On May 29, 2003 03:09 pm, Oren Levy wrote:
> Thanks all. Just to be clear, I want to keep the router DHCP running, for
> all the other PCs, while I fiddle around with LTSP. Thus, I wanted to add a
> linux DHCP server to run in parallel with the router. LTSP clients would
> speak to the linux DHCP server, everyone else would speak with the router.
>
> It's linux, so no doubt this can be done. But, it's linux, so it's probably
> difficult.

Hi Oren,

That's exactly how I have my network set up. I have about 10 Windows PC users
who get their IPs through the DHCP server running on my router (was an SMC,
now a Smoothwall). Within the network all LTSP terminals get their IPs from
the DHCP server running on the LTSP server. The LTSP server ignores requests
from the windows PCs ("no free leases available") because it's dhcpd.conf
file is configured up to only serve IP addreses to known MAC addresses as the
terminals come online. Works great...

--
Peter Pankonin, digitalcrucible
Registered Linux User 246938

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.