On May 30, 2003 12:26 pm, you wrote:
> With two dhcp servers, how do you control which one answers requests?

Well...that is a good question. According to my DHCP server logs, they both
answer DHCP requests, but the terminals "use" the IP address from the LTSP
DHCP server. I have yet to have a terminal fail to boot because it grabbed
the IP address from the router. I agree; it makes sense to have only one DHCP
server, nevertheless it still seems to work correctly.

I suppose one could turn off DHCP on the router and configure it to serve up
static IPs to one set of machines and ignore requests from the terminals, or
better yet, only use one DHCP server.

--
Peter Pankonin, digitalcrucible
Registered Linux User 246938

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.