Hi all,

For the second time when trying to convince a company to change their
computing environment from win32 to linux/ltsp, we got stuck with some
ms-access application. Copying the data to some sql-database is no
problem, getting the app-functionality somewhere is.

Access with Wine/Crossoffice is not very stable, and still needs
licenses for each concurrent user. Vmware is stable, but needs even more
licenses. I found this linux software tool that had most/some of the
access functionality but needed a rewrite in python and had license
costs per concurrent user. For now the only solution I know of is to
rewrite the app from scratch, but that's far too costly.

So my question:

Does anyone know a tool to convert ms-access applications to something
more portable (preferably php/apache/mysql, or do you know a better
solution?)

grtx, Johan Romme.

--
-- Romme Software Engineering                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Cornelis Trompstraat 90                                   06-22982288