On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 18:37, John Schatz wrote:
> Is this glitch in XFree or LTSP?
>

> Greetings all. I've "emerged" the current LTSP package for Gentoo
> (it's "ltsp-core-3.0.7-r1") and my LTSP thin client starts up fine in
> runlevel 3 but not in runlevel 5, the GUI mode. The error message
> printed to the console is simply "Fatal server error: Cannot open log
> file '/var/log/XFree86.0.log'". Please help me figure out if the
> problem is related to my LTSP installation or to some X config
> setting.

This error message suggests that your workstation's copy of syslogd is
trying to log to a file on the workstation.  Most likely, you are
missing a link "/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/syslog.conf -> /tmp/syslog.conf"

If the link is there, make sure that /tmp/syslog.conf exists on the
workstation and contains a line "*.* @servername", where 'servername' is
the name of your server.
--
David Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>