I downloaded an older kernel (ltsp_core-3.0.9-0.i386.rpm the one I install
first was ltsp_kernel-3.0.10-0.i386.rpm), but the terminal is still
hanging after "done".  I also tried another terminal with a linksys
w/etherboot prom card in it, same results.

I installed the pxestuff-3.0.5-i386.tgz, and tried to boot one of the
netier boxes off it.  It boots, gets to the login screen but the keyboard
doesnt work.  It is loading the default kernel that comes with pxestuff.

All of these terminals were working with the production server, so I dont
think that client hardware is the problem.  I dont know much about the
redhat firewall stuff, but I would think that if it were the problem, the
pxe booting client would hang in the same place.

I'm not sure what to try next, short of rebuilding the server and trying
again.  Has no one seen these problems before?  The production server is
on the same net with the new server, but I used this same procedure (get a
new server ready while the old one still runs, then one by one move the
mac addresses and configs off the old server to the one, with them both
running on the same net, then shut the old one off after i've moved them
all) several times before.

-Jeff