On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 15:42, PhaniKumar wrote:
> I have been trying out all thse techniques.But it prints junk.
>
> I have seen that the Linux Terminal Server Project does not use th eNormal
> Printing System and uses a jetdirect emulation with the port 9100.I have
> been trying out different types of drivers but ends in the same result.
>
> As this project is quite prestigious for me and Linux I have been trying
> to run CUPS as a local app but still in a process of doing so.I have to do
> a lot of work for that.If someone can help me in the Jetdirect emulation
> it would be much more easier

Okay Phani,
I am not guu and some of those guys would be coming on line now or
during the night. And maybe you would get more replies.
I am intrigued. Did you try using printconf?? Nothing against CUPS but
worth a try. Since you have not sent the file output I am sending
listing of one WS section from lts.conf:

        XSERVER = auto
        X_MODE_0 = 800x600
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL    = "Microsoft"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE      = "/dev/ttyS1"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION  = 50
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS     = 2
        X_MOUSE_EMULATE3BTN = Y
        PRINTER_0_DEVICE   = /dev/lp0
        PRINTER_0_TYPE     = P          # P-Parallel, S-Serial
        LOCAL_APPS         = N
        USE_NFS_SWAP       = N
        SWAPFILE_SIZE      = 64m
        RUNLEVEL           = 5
        RCFILE_01 = floppyd
        RCFILE_02 = xinetd

I am trying to set up a dot matrix with one of my clients...will revert
with results.

--
Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>