On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 15:42, PhaniKumar wrote:
> As this project is quite prestigious for me and Linux I have been trying
> to run CUPS as a local app but still in a process of doing so.I have to do
> a lot of work for that.If someone can help me in the Jetdirect emulation
> it would be much more easier

Phani
No problem at all.
Steps:
1. Configured the lts.conf as per my last email
2. Started CUPS admin on the browser
3. Gave Name to printer
4: Selected the AppSocket/ HP Jetdirect option
5: gave path as "socket://192.168.1.46:9100/" (of course without quotes
and the IP number was of my client)
6: Chose EPSON as printer model (most of Dot Matrix respond to this
driver)
7: Chose 9 pin model (my printer is 9 pin and IAC you should try 9 pin
first)
8: ....... thats it!!

Gave test page print command got lovely output considering graphics in 9
pin is .....

So what is going wrong with your set up????
--
Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>