Hello *,
  I have a very weird problem that I'm hoping someone/anyone may have
some insight into.

  The problem is accessing the Web site http://www.wnjpin.com.

  I can not access this site from a Linux machine. I have tried from two
separate locations. The site simply does not respond at all to the Linux
box. Tcpdump shows no return packets.
   - I can not telnet into port 80
   - I can't traceroute to it
   - I can not open the page in Opera, Mozilla, Firebird or Lynx.

  I *can* do all the above from a Windows machine. I can do all the
above from the Windows box on the same private network as my LTSP box
using a Linux box to do NAT to the world. I can open the site using
Netscape under Windows.

  There is no firewall on the Linux box. The firewall *is* on the
machine doing NAT, but it is obviously not blocking the traffic since
the Windows box works fine.

  I have tried messing with the MTU of the Linux box (up to 1500 and
down to 500) to no avail.

  I'd understand if the site didn't serve up a page to the Linux box or
if Mozilla couldn't render it but I can't even get a connection. Any
ideas? What is different about the packets coming from the Linux boxes
as opposed to the Windows boxes?

Ideas?

Can any of you get to the site from your Linux box?

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.