On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 16:34, Chris Puttick wrote:
> Take a commercial decision - OOo (1.1RC2) is very capable, and most users
> need no more that a familiarisation course to be comfortable with it. MS
> Office will cost per workstation no matter how you run it. If you have
> current licences, then carry on - I'm not sure how VMWare/CrossOver deal
> with the licencing in thin client though.
Although this is getting slightly off topic, I agree with Chris on
commercial decision.
In our organization all users initially had lot of objections but once
we conducted a demonstration cum training seminar we had 90% converts.
The holdouts were those who were used to easy mail merge system on
MSOffice but they have been out voted!! This may not be relevant only on
account of the fact that we are a small organization and so we could
convene every one in two sessions.
HTH
--
Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>