On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:25:19AM +0200, Gad wrote:

> Hi
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Did you also do all of the config file mods?
> ???
>
> And if so,  what does the
> > client say when it tries to start openmosix?
> >
> I did "cp /etc/rc.d/init.d/openmosix /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.openmosix"
> and when i do /etc/rc.openmosix start on client i seems to start ok. But
> nothing happend. It is dead on mosmon. It's look to me like it start
> openmosix on server not on client.

maybe this solution can works, but i used another one...

i suppose your openmosix+ltsp kernel is available at the right place in
/tftpboot/lts and your client has booted on it?
so you just have to launch openmosix at the end of the boot phase
in the rc.local script

when adding nodes dynamycally with LTSP i prefer
using the openmosix autodiscovering daemon omdiscd in order
the nodes reach the cluster...

you just have to launch /sbin/omdiscd in order a node can
declare itself to the other node by multicast packet...

A/ in the permanent openmosix nodes you just have to
remove the openmosix.map static file , and
configure the  /etc/openmosix/openmosix.config file
to force the omdiscd at boot time

# Force autodiscovery-daemon to start, even with a valid .map-file
 AUTODISC=1

 if you want to do that dynamycally you can do
 setpe -off   (stop openmosix)
 /sbin/omdiscd  (start openmosix with auto dsicovering daemon)

B/ and in the LTSP client nodes, i just modified the rc.local script
i launch the omdiscd daemon in the rc.local like that:
(the part of theis script have been written by W.Daniau the author of
ltsp+openmosx distribution here http://www.lpmo.edu/~daniau/ltsp-mosix/

try to install  http://www.lpmo.edu/~daniau/ltsp-mosix/
have a glance a the modification in rc.local

in lts.conf you can add a new directive
MOSIX= [Y|N]

and somewhere in rc.local you have to get this new directive
MOSIX=`get_cfg MOSIX N`
echo "MOSIX is $MOSIX"

near the end of the script before "Build the start_ws script"
you can launch oM

if [ "${MOSIX}" = "Y" ]; then
  echo "Starting Mosix"
  #  /etc/mosix start
  /sbin/omdiscd
  sleep 2
  echo "Mounting mfs"
  # Note that /etc/fstab must contain the following line :
  # cluster    /mfs    mfs    dfsa=1    0 0
  mount /mfs
fi

luck ;-)

ML

> I must miss something and i don't know where.
>
> > Richard
> >
> Thanks and best regards
> Grzesiek

     Maurice Libes
Tel : +33 (04) 91 82 93 25            Centre d'Oceanologie de Marseille
Fax : +33 (04) 91 82 65 48            UMS2196 CNRS- Campus de Luminy, Case 901
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  F-13288 Marseille cedex 9
Annuaire : http://annuaire.univ-aix.fr/showuser.php?uid=libes